Friday, April 11, 2008
Check out our new wiki to see and follow what we're reading. The wiki is a work in progress so you'll notice procedural asides among the reviews. Feel free to suggest improvements. Respond to reviews and recommend books of your own. We look forward to your input.
Saturday, April 05, 2008
For those of you who are too shy to come into the Library there is a Do-It-Yourself site on the web, appropriately called www.doityourself.com
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Are you trying to file a tax return SOLELY to claim your Economic Stimulus Payment?
If you normally do not file a tax return but need to file a tax year 2007 return solely to receive your economic stimulus payment, you may now select from the list of companies on the Free File - Economic Stimulus Payment page.
With Free File, you can:
• Get a faster refund, in as little as 10 days with Direct Deposit.
• File your taxes any hour of the day or night.
• Save paper—and that helps all of us.
And, with Free File you can relax because you’ll:
• Benefit from Free File’s automatic checks for accuracy.
• Receive a quick confirmation within 48 hours that your return was received.
• Know that your return is safe and secure.
Free File is also available in Spanish and is so easy you can do it yourself.
Free File will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through our network of partners, but it’s important to remember that you must access Free File through the IRS website. Made more than $54,000 in 2007? You can file your taxes online through e-file.