From memoirs to science, there is a wide range of topics for authors who muse about, inform and instruct us about food and cooking. You will find many of these titles on the shelves at the library. You can place reserves for them from home through the library catalog. Or call, email or visit and we can help you find them!
If you enjoy memoirs with an exotic flavor consider:
- My life in France by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme
- A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle
- Climbing the mango trees : a memoir of a childhood in India
- A Culinary journey in Gascony : recipes and stories from my French canal boat by Kate Ratliffe
- Heat : an amateur's adventures as kitchen slave, line cook, pasta maker, and apprentice to a Dante-quoting butcher in Tuscany by Bill Buford
- Kitchen confidential : adventures in the culinary underbelly by Anthony Bourdain
- The devil in the kitchen : sex, pain, madness, and the making of a great chef by Marco Pierre White with James Steen
- The omnivore's dilemma : a natural history of four meals
- Diet for a small planet by Frances Moore Lappé
- Plenty : one man, one woman, and a raucous year of eating locally by Alisa Smith and J.B. MacKinnon
- How to eat : the pleasures and principles of good food by Nigella Lawson.
- Salt : a world history by Mark Kurlansky
- Nathaniel's Nutmeg, or, The true and incredible adventures of the spice trader who changed the course of history by Giles Milton
- Letters from the hive : an intimate history of bees, honey, and humankind by Stephen Buchmann with Banning Repplier
- Alice Waters and Chez Panisse : the romantic, impractical, often eccentric, ultimately brilliant making of a food revolution by Thomas McNamee
- California dish : what I saw (and cooked) at the American culinary revolution by Jeremiah Tower
- Stand facing the stove : the story of the women who gave America the Joy of Cooking by Anne Mendelson
- The apprentice : my life in the kitchen by Jacques Pepin
- Take big bites : adventures around the world and across the table by Linda Ellerbee
- On food and cooking : the science and lore of the kitchen and The curious cook : more kitchen science and lore Harold McGee.
- Many titles by Calvin Trillin and M. F. K. Fisher
Ruth Reichl, Laurie Colwin