Monday, October 30, 2006
Posted by Paul Dostie at 9:48 AM
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
The Maine CDC suggests that the following groups receive flu shots for the 2006-2007 season:
- persons aged 50 years and older
- residents of long-term care facilities
- children and adults with certain chronic health conditions
- children aged 6-59 months
- pregnant women
- healthcare personnel
- household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children aged less than 60 months old or persons at risk for severe complications from flu.
To get a flu shot:
- Contact your doctor.
- Check online for a pharmacy or shopping center flu clinic at Find a Flu Shot.
- CHANS will be holding a flu shot clinic later this fall, look for an ad in the local paper.
- CVS, Brunswick will be holding a clinic, Saturday, October 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hannaford, Brunswick will hold a clinic, Friday, November 3, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hannaford, Topsham will hold a clinic, Saturday, October 28, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Parkview Adventist Medical Center will hold clinics for adults, 18 and over on Tuesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 9 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the boardroom. The charge is $20 and the clinic accepts cash, private insurance and Medicare with no co-pay. The clinic cannot accept checks or credit cards. Please wear short sleeves.
- Shaw's, Brunswick will hold a clinc, Monday, October 30, starting exactly at 10 a.m. and ending at exactly 2 p.m.
- Walmart has scheduled clinics on weekends October 21 & 22 and October 28 & 29 at all Walmart stores, and October 21 and October 28 at some Sam's Club Stores.