Eligible residents* may now get their Portland Public Library cards at the Curtis Library. In addition to saving a trip to Portland, local users may remotely access those resources that are not available at Curtis.
Download Audiobooks: or view eBooks online with NetLibrary.
Learn a Language: using Rosetta Stone or the Pinsleur Language Programs
Auto Repair Reference Center: detailed information on auto repair and maintenance, including wiring diagrams.
Learn a Test: study and practice for exams such as ASVAB, Civil Service, SAT, U.S. Citizenship and more.
Genealogy: HeritageQuest offers genealogy information, including census data, local history articles, revolutionary war records and more.
Business Research: Mergent Online offers financial information on more than 10,000 publicly held corporations, plus annual reports, historical data, equity reports, and more.
* Curtis Library may issue free PPL cards to any eligible person:
- Residents of the Southern Maine Library District including Cumberland, York, and parts of Oxford counties (5 years of age & up) - no expiration
- Individuals listed as property taxpayers in Portland - no expiration
- Full-time students attending schools in these counties - 1 year expiration
- Individuals working in Portland - 1 year expiration
- Summer residents with local mailing address - 1 year expiration or length of stay, whichever is less
Address any questions to the PPL Main Circulation Desk at 871-1706 x 730