Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Before we run out of Poetry month I'd like to put in a small pitch for poetry of a local flavor. Local doesn't mean less. We've a few people in Brunswick whose works I particulary admire because their words speak to me in my native dialect and highlight my immediate environment. One of note is Robert Chute, whose new collection is Reading Nature. Mr Chute is a scientist by training and poet by heart. Reading Nature examines the poetry of the natural world and an observer's awe of components that make wholes.

This from the publisher:

Beneath the “Gee-Wizz” aspects of science lie the disturbing concepts of chaos, chance, randomness, and the absence of purpose. This collection is an attempt to deal with, or at least circle around, these duel aspects of science
.

No comments: